School of Metallurgy & Materials Engineering
School of Metallurgy & Materials Engineering was established in 1970 at the Faculty of engineering. The school with over 17,000 square meter of educational and administrative space admits students at all levels, having more than 300 bachelor students, 200 master students and 60 PhD students. With 37 faculty members, including 17 Professors, 9 Associate Professors, 10 Assistant Professors, and one lecturer, the School of Metallurgy & Materials Engineering has been rated among top 10 similar faculties in the country. Furthermore, the school enjoys the presence of adjunct professors including:
- Professor Constantin Politis- Patras University, Greece- since 16 September 2009;
- Professor Terence Langdon- Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Southern California, USA- since 19 January 2011;
- Professor Pirouz- Department of Material Science and Engineering, Case-Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA- since 02 May 2012.
Different majors of the School
|Metallurgy and Materials Engineering||+||-||-|
|Characterization and selection of Engineering materials||-||+||-|
|Metals Preservation and Corrosion||-||+||-|
Center of Excellences
- High Performance Materials;
- Surface Engineering, Corrosion and Wear Protection in Industries.
Laboratories and Computer Facilities
- 32 Research and Scientific laboratories;
- 1 Computer center with 30 computers.
School’s Scientific Journal
Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials
International Cooperation and Programs
- The Mining Institute, Ministry of Education and Sciences of Georgia, Georgia;
- Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Trento, Italy;
- Ecole de Technologie Superieure, Universite du Quebec, Canada.
- Address: College of Engineering (Campus No. 2), North Kargar Street, Tehran, Iran.
- Website: http://meteng.ut.ac.ir