College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Initially established as the School of Agriculture in the village of Chardangeh in Tehran in 1917, this institution was expanded to the School of Higher Education and moved to Palace of Soleimanieh in Karaj. Further developing, in 1921 it became the School of “Higher Agricultural Studies, Rural Handicrafts and Industries” with three departments. After two decades of activity, it was renamed Faculty of Agriculture (FA) in 1940. Almost a decade later, FA became one of the faculties of the University of Tehran. The ten departments of FA admitted students to undergraduate and graduate programs in 54 majors and 66 specializations in agricultural science and engineering.
In 1963, the Institute of Forests and Rangelands was established with due consideration to conservation, renovation and development of natural resources. University of Tehran officially approved the Faculty of Forestry in 1966 and it began admitting students to different degree programs. In 1972, the faculty was further expanded to the Faculty of Natural Resources (FNR) with four departments including 23 majors and 5 specializations in undergraduate and graduate programs. In 2004, the two faculties (FA and FNR) were merged and re-structured under the name of University of Tehran, College of Agriculture & Natural Resources (UTCAN).