MA in Iranian Studies, Faculty of World Studies, Call for Applications, 2019
Faculty of World Studies is now accepting applications for MA Iranian Studies. This program is ONLY AVAILABLE to Non-Iranian candidates.
Master of Arts in Iranian Studies is an internationally recognized degree from the University of Tehran. It is an intensive two-year program consisting of rigorous course-work and research.
The Iranian Studies MA Program follows a cleverly-designed bi-lingual outline studying contemporary Iran. During the first and second semesters, most instructions will be conducted in English. However, as students improve their knowledge of Persian, some modules will be offered in Persian, particularly during the third semester. Students will have the option to write their dissertations in either Persian or English, but are highly encouraged to write in Persian.
Course themes include Iranian contemporary history, society and culture, ethnic groups and local traditions, media and arts, political economy, geopolitics and foreign policy, and Shi’a studies.
Program Start Date: Late September
- A filled out application form
- This program is only offered to non-Iranian candidates under the age of 45.
- A detailed letter of motivation (no longer than 1000 words)
- Scanned copy of passport
- Scanned copy of previous academic certificate(s)
- Scanned copy of academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from previous lecturers attesting to the applicant’s qualifications (the letters must be sent directly to the program director by email)
- A curriculum vitae, including detailed information about previous educations as well as academic publications or work experience (if any)
- Students for whom English is not their first language must have at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent in English
- A recent colour photo (scanned and small-sized)
- Any additional supporting material that you may prefer to include in your application
The deadline has been extended to 15 June 2019.
All applicants are required to send their applications via email before Mid-April. Short listed candidates will be informed two weeks after the deadline.
For submitting your documents or any other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred way of contact)
Visit our website at http://fws.ut.ac.ir/en/ for further details.
Attending Farsi courses is compulsory for everyone. It costs 900 USD per year.
The program costs 1800 USD per semester.