Middle East-Europe Forum
The Middle East-Europe Forum with themes on water, renewable energies, Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and Urban Issues started its programs on 19 October, 2018 with an Opening Ceremony in the presence of a great number of foreign and Iranian participants from the Europe and Middle East countries. The key speakers in the opening ceremony were President of UT. Head of Kish Free Trade Zone, President of Iran University of Medical Sciences and Head of Scientific Committee of the Forum.
The Forum continued with parallel sessions and panels as follows:
- Roundtable/breakout/matchmaking sessions on water issues/projects
- Roundtable/breakout/matchmaking sessions on renewable energy issues/projects
- Roundtable/breakout/matchmaking sessions on non-communicable disease (NCDs) issues/projects
- Roundtable/breakout/matchmaking sessions on the cross-cutting aspects of smart city/nature-based solutions in urban development, addressing issues of sustainable development.
- Roundtable on innovation, start-ups, commercialization and funding issues (with Chamber of Commerce, VC Association, Knowledge-based companies association, etc., and counterparts in other countries)
- Round-table/panels addressing the strategic issues surrounding collaboration, and to work out point initiatives to facilitate, enable and support concrete bi-regional collaboration in research and collaboration addressing key issues of sustainable development
Bringing together decision makers, strategists, research foundations, universities, researchers and practitioners, the Forum aims to represent a unique occasion to consider and discuss opportunity for overcoming barrier and realizing mutual benefits from collaboration in aspects of research, innovation and education of high shared importance. It is worth noting that the Forum has been organized by the Consortium of Five Iranian Top Universities (University of Tehran, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran University of Medical Science, Sharif University of Technology and Amirkabir University of Technology) in association with UT Kish International Campus and support of Kish Free Trade Zone and Office of Vice Presidency for Science and Technology.