Dr. Seyed Mohammad Moghimi Appointed as the New President of the University of Tehran
Dr. Mohammad Ali Zolfigol, Minister of Science, Research, and Technology, has designated Dr. Seyed Mohammad Moghimi, Professor at the UT Faculty of Management, as the new President of the University of Tehran.
Born in 1971, Dr. Moghimi is a full professor of "governmental management" at UT. Over the course of his career, he has held several administrative positions, a number of which are enumerated as follows:
- 2016 – Present: Vice-President for Education and Planning, Iran’s Court of Accounts
- 2008 – 2013: Vice-President for Administrative and Financial Affairs, University of Tehran
- 2014 – 2016: Chair of UT’s Commission on Humanities, University of Tehran
- 2012 – 2016: Head of Farabi Campus, University of Tehran
- 2017 – Present: Member of the Council for Knowledge-Based Economy, Islamic Azad University
- 2008 – 2013: Member of the Faculty Recruitment Administrative Committee, University of Tehran
In a separate letter addressed to Dr. Mahmoud Nili Ahmadabadi, Dr. Mohammad Ali Zolfigol additionally expressed appreciation for Dr. Nili Ahmadabadi’s efforts throughout his time as the President of the UT.