Center for Information Technology and Cyberspace
The University of Tehran Informatics Center (UTIC) was founded in 1966, and has been one of the pioneering computer centers in Iran. At the time, the main responsibility of the center was to provide computing services using mainframes.
In forth coming decades, along with the fast paste development of information and communication technologies, the mission of this center expanded into establishing a fast, reliable, and scalable network infrastructure, creating and maintaining a modern data center, developing and providing online services according to changing user needs.
In 2010, the name of the informatics center changed to the Center for Information Technology and Cyberspace (CITC) to highlight its new emphasis on establishing IT governance throughout the university, and providing comprehensive integrated online university services. CITC vision is to become a leading information technology provider for the higher education in Iran, and to actively cooperate with partners in academia and industry.
1. Leading and planning for the effective use of IT throughout the university.
2. Providing a powerful, reliable and secure information technology infrastructure for the university.
3. Providing comprehensive integrated online university services.
4. Providing a variety of computing and networking services for the entire university.
5. Effective monitoring and alerting of IT services quality, and consistent tracking of incident progress.
Center for Information Technology and Cyberspace,
University of Tehran,
No. 268, Keshavarz Blvd.,
Tel: +98 (21) 66406186
Fax: +98 (21) 88965781