About the Faculty

About the Faculty

The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, previously known as the Higher School of Stockbreeding, was established in 1932. During the past eight decades, the Faculty has gone through numerous reforms and improvements. One milestone was the move towards a more education oriented approach which allowed students to gain DVM and Ph.D. degrees. The courses offered at the Faculty are aimed at training future veterinarians based on the current needs of the country, similar in structure and training to institutions in the developed world.