About the Faculty

About the Faculty

The Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies was established at the Sepahsalar High College in 1935. The major academic programs at the College were Arabic Literature and Theoretical Studies. In 1943, it moved to Iran’s Academy, offering two academic programs in Traditional and Theoretical studies; however, two new academic programs were soon added to the curriculum, namely, Arabic Literature and Language, and Islamic Academy. A Doctorate program in Traditional and Theoretical Studies was also established. The Faculty of Traditional and Theoretical Studies was changed to the Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies in 1965. At present, eight departments with over 120 full-time and part-time faculty members conduct the educational and research activities of the Faculty.


visits:595