MA in Iranian Studies, Faculty of World Studies, Call for Applications, 2017
MA IRANIAN STUDIES
FACULTY OF WORLD STUDIES
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS, 2017
Faculty of World Studies is now accepting applications for MA Iranian Studies. This program is ONLY AVAILABLE to Non-Iranian candidates.
Master of Arts in Iranian Studies is an internationally recognized degree from the University of Tehran. It is an intensive two-year program consisting of rigorous course-work and research.
The Iranian Studies MA Program follows a cleverly-designed bi-lingual outline studying contemporary Iran. During the first and second semesters, most instructions will be conducted in English. However, as students improve their knowledge of Persian, some modules will be offered in Persian, particularly during the third semester. Students will have the option to write their dissertations in either Persian or English, but are highly encouraged to write in Persian.
Course themes include Iranian contemporary history, society and culture, ethnic groups and local traditions, media and arts, political economy, geopolitics and foreign policy, and Shi’a studies.
Students will also be offered exceptional opportunities to take part in extra-ordinary field trips to different parts of the country.
Program Start Date: Late September 2017
- A filled out application form
- A detailed letter of motivation (no longer than 1000 words)
- Scanned copy of passport
- Scanned copy of previous academic certificate(s)
- Scanned copy of academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from previous lecturers attesting to the applicant’s qualifications (the letters must be sent directly to the program director by email)
- A curriculum vitae, including detailed information about previous educations as well as academic publications or work experience (if any)
- Evidence of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent in English and Persian languages (familiarity with Persian)
- A recent colour photo (scanned and small-sized)
- Any additional supporting material that you may prefer to include in your application
All applicants are required to send their applications via email before March 31, 2017. Short listed candidates will be informed after mid-April 2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Please contact Ms Fatemeh Abolghasemi, Iranian Studies Program Coordinator at email@example.com (preferred way of contact)
Visit our website at fws.ut.ac.ir for further details